Consultant and Leadership Coach
My depth of experience, interpersonal skills, training, certifications and education (MBA and MPA) enable me enable to deliver high quality services throughout country. Examples of my engagements include:
- Pima County Health Department
- Child and Family Resources, Tucson
- Tucson Airport Authority
- Greater Tucson Leadership Program
- Southern Arizona Legal Aid
- Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona
- Oregon METRO (Portland)
- Mt. Angel Abby Foundation, Salem
- Newport Youth Development Coalition
- Oregon Catholic Community Services
- Coos County Public and Mental Health
- The Ford Family Foundation
- Coos County School District
- Southwest Community College
Washington D.C. Clients
- White House CIO (Chief Information Officer) Council
- Communities Together Inc. (nonprofit housing corporation)
- Department of Justice, Justice Management Division
- Housing and Urban Development
- General Services Administration
- National Geospatial Agency
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
Professional Interim Executive Director I am part of a cadre of trained nonprofit Interim Executive Directors, sponsored by the Vitalyst Health Foundation of Phoenix. I bring years of experience in organizational change and nonprofit consulting along with a wide range of resources available through Vitalyst and my colleagues. In addition to serving as an interim Executive Director, I also can provide board training to enhance the skills of board members.
Board Governance Training I am certified by BoardSource, a nationally recognized organization that builds the capacity of nonprofit organizations throughout the US and the world. I provide organizational assessments, board training, and uniquely designed workshops for staff and boards.
Leadership Coaching As a certified ICF (International Coach Federation) Coach, I help individuals chart to achieve their desired dreams. I utilize the core principles of the Coaches Training Institute that values the whole person, evokes transformation, sees clients as creative, resourceful and whole and allows whatever presents itself in a coaching session as relevant.
Appreciative Inquiry I am a certified Appreciative Inquiry practitioner from Case Western University where I was trained by David Copperrider, the co-creator of AI. My work is highly interactive, creative and fun and moves people into possibility thinking. I weave in the latest in organizational change methodologies, neuroscience, storytelling and even improv. My work is creative, engaging and fun and most importantly my clients often gain greater than expected outcomes.
Creative Meeting Design and Facilitation I have worked with the Center for Creative Emergence and am adept at “whole brain” facilitation which means I ask people to use their right brain intuitive and creative thinking as much as their left brain rational thinking. In addition, I have studied with Crowley and Company to gain graphic facilitation skills to capture group meetings so that the work of a group becomes visible to everyone.
MBA, Loyola University, Baltimore, MD
Masters in Public Administration, San Diego State University
BA Political Science, San Diego State University